[FOSS-GPS] BINR to RTCM

David Kelley DavidKelley at ITSware.net
Sun Jan 11 13:06:26 PST 2015

Frankly I can not see the issue from what you have posted, or why you
are getting these two SVs rejected.  It would help if you could post
your settings (the *.ini file) as we can see what is odd, but before
you do so be sure and remove the private passwords for your casters etc
from it.  [The RTKLIB tool store the user and the password together, so
seek for lines in the format =user:password at theURL:thePORT/theMountPoint:]

Back to the original problem of the thread, I defer to arwooldridge
<http://open-source-gps-related-discussion-and-support.1099874.n2.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=user_nodes&user=394950>
to describe it in more dept but:  We have conclusively seen over the
last month that that same stream of data from from a uBlox device
performed noticeably poorly when passed from the Stream Convert
(converting the native format to RTCM) and into RTKNavi, then the same
set of data passed into the RTKNavi tool directly.  We believe the same
thing occurs with the BINR stream but at my office we can not make the
NVS chips work with RTKLIB yet.  These two processing paths should be
identical for all practical purposes, with the same net result.

The core issue seems to be minor differences in the way the proprietary
encoding is treated (vs the RTCM 1004 messages) between the two tools.
I find no actual errors anywhere in RTKLIB about this, but I suspect
that there are difference in the how the cycle clips are detected and
reported in this.  I remain annoyed that I can not yet pin this down and
will keep at it.  One can reproduce the problem by running  multiple
copies RTKLIB with the two different settings, or by an L-band replay
with a tool like the LabSat3.  In either event, the percentage of time
spent in a fixed mode is sharply reduced when the stream convert tool is
used regardless of the baseline distance.

On 1/11/2015 11:11 AM, cocute wrote:
> Hello,
> i'm testing same process,
> but i dont now if works or not,
> i only test in window of my house, and not FIX possible, low sat vision,
> when i test in open sky i comment.
>
> You see all settings correct:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/xif0yf733gldw24/Captura%20de%20pantalla%202015-01-11%2020.00.23.png?dl=0
> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/xif0yf733gldw24/Captura%20de%20pantalla%202015-01-11%2020.00.23.png?dl=0>
>

> --

Regards,
David Kelley
ITS Programs Manager, SubCarrier Systems Corp. (SCSC)
626-485-7528 (Cell)   626-513-7715 (Office)  888-950-8747 (Main)