[FOSS-GPS] rtklib / rnx2rtkp gps/glonass

MattOnWeb m.lonchay at outlook.com
Wed Jul 29 14:11:10 PDT 2015

Hello everyone,

I am currently discovering the possibilities of RTKLib (big thank you to the
conceivers by the way) in the context of my thesis in satellite navigation.

I am currently testing the software on mixed GPS/GLONASS Observation and
Navigation files (brdm). But, for some reasons, it happens that the solution
(SPP or PPP) is worst when using both GPS and GLO than GPS only (or GLO
only). Also, the number of satellites used (and the DOP) does not seem to be
better when using both GPS and GLONASS which is, of course, against what we
would expect. 25 satellites are frequently available in the RINEX
Observation file, but only ~10 satellites seem to be used by RTKLib for each
epoch.

I was wondering if someone here would be used to exploiting RTKLib with
multi-GNSS for positioning and if there would be an option I missed (CFG:
pos1-navsys        =15 (1 GPS + 4 GLO)).

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Matt