[FOSS-GPS] GPS+GLONASS in Raspberry Pi

Jaume FilbĂ  jaumefilba at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 09:56:53 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to perform RTK with two NV08C modules using RTKLIB on the
Raspberry Pi (Compute Module).

I recorded some data from the modules to make the tests faster. Using a
laptop, RTKLIB is working nicely both on Windows (RTKNAVI) and Linux
(rtkrcv), but on the RPi it only works if GLONASS is disabled.
Either if only GLO or GLO+GPS are set, the solution keeps jumping the whole
time back and forth, and the Age of Differential starts decreasing as soon
as some Glonass satellites are used, stabilizing its value at -30 s after 3
minutes.

I've tried changing many different parameters on the configuration file, as
well as changing the compiler options in the makefile (I've tried the
default ones and also some adapted to the hardware of the RPi).

The problem also happens if I do the test "live" instead of using recorded
data, so it doesn't seem a problem with the system time.

The limited computing power of the RPi doesn't seem to be the reason for it
either, as the CPU consumption is around 50% (I checked it with htop).

Any suggestions or opinions would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Jaume