[FOSS-GPS] Configuring a NV08C for rtklib

Artyom G gnsssdr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 23:06:16 PDT 2015

Hi Fred,

USB port can output BINR data too. You can use "BM control" programm (
http://navis.ru/assets/images/prog_ob/BM_Ctrl_V0430.zip ) to switch from
NMEA to BINR. Or you can find in the documentation special command that
changes NMEA to BINR and send them yourself.

RTKlib works with "raw data" from nv08c (pseudorange+pseudophase and
ephemeris data). By default these messages are turned off in the receiver.
So you have to send special BINR commands to activate them. BINR protocol
is published by receiver manufacturer:
http://www.nvs-gnss.com/support/documentation/item/download/39.html .

All descriptions in internet of how to connect nv08c to RTKlib copy
settings that can be found here:
http://www.onetalent-gnss.com/ideas/usb-hw-receivers/denga10 (
http://www.onetalent-gnss.com/ideas/usb-hw-receivers/denga10/rtklib242b4_mb.zip?attredirects=0&d=1).
You can copy settings of the nvs_raw_1Hz.txt or nvs_raw_10Hz.txt to the cmd
window of input stream.

But if you use the latest version of RTKlib you can use commands that are
more readable. In the RTKlib manual on page 11 there are commands that
rtklib supports for nv08c:

!NVS ... : NVS NV08C binary command
!NVS CFG-PVTRATE [arg...] configure PVT rate
!NVS CFG-RAWRATE [arg...] configure raw data rate
!NVS CFG-SMOOTH configure smooth range
!NVS CFG-BINR xx [...] send binary command for NVS
(input hexadecimal series)
!WAIT time : wait for time (ms)

So in the cmd window of input stream you can simply print something like:
!NVS CFG-PVTRATE 1
!WAIT 1000
!NVS CFG-RAWRATE 1

And you will get 1HZ raw data stream to RTKnavi.

You can check that RTKnavi is receiving raw data by clicking on the button
"RTK monitor" and then choosing "Obs data" or "Nav GPS" or "NAV GLONASS"
and you should see there observations, GPS ephemeris and GLONASS ephemeris
respectively.

Regards,
Artyom