[FOSS-GPS] help with RTKPOST of GPS file please

anthony wooldridge arwooldridge at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 17 13:13:32 PDT 2016

Just a thought re improving the fix:
  If the airframe is pitching and rolling you may want to experiment
with a slightly higher elevation mask.
I see that the number of satelites varies from 9  to 5 in a fairly
erratic manner, possibly due to banking.
When a satellite comes in or out of the RTK solution you often get a
poor float solution.
Try maybe with an elevation mask ( in RTKlib) roughly equal to your
expected pitch or roll, then the number of satelites in the solution
should be more constant.
Too high an elevation mask and you will exclude too many satelites and
degrade the solution that way, so its a compromise.
The advantage of postprocessing is that you can try different mask
angles to see which works best.
Also another time you might consider a longer ( 10-15 minutes) standing
start  to get a good static solution before getting airborne.
Regards  Anthony