[FOSS-GPS] Alternative GPS software?

henry35 at keemail.me henry35 at keemail.me
Thu Feb 18 02:08:07 PST 2016

Hello

I've been asked if there is any alternative software that corresponds to the
commercial "Waypoint" software products offered by NovAtel, "Inertial
Explorer" and "GrafNav SDK". Both open-source and other commercial products
could be of interest. I would greatly appreciate your help.

Personally I am unfortunately quite unfamiliar with GPS software in general,
the usage and function of the software. So I'm sorry that I can't provide
much of a description of the software myself, but the following links should
provide ample information about the products.

I've skimmed the documentation and as far I've been able to learn GrafNav
could be described as a GPS-postprocessing software, and Inertial Explorer is
some sort of GPS/position optimization software (a bit unsure).

http://www.novatel.com/assets/Documents/Papers/WaypointBrochure.pdf
http://www.novatel.com/products/software/
http://www.novatel.com/products/software/grafnav/
http://www.novatel.com/products/software/inertial-explorer/

Are you aware of any similar software, either open-source or other commercial
alternatives? I did some quick searching and learnt of the open source tools
RTKLib and GPSTK, how well would they correspond to the products from
NovAtel?

Thanks for your help

Best Regards
Henry