[FOSS-GPS] Reading rtkrcv under GNU/Linux rtklib: PPP-static precision mode

Jean-Michel Pouré jm at poure.com
Thu Mar 3 07:23:29 PST 2016

> Dear Fabio,

> 1)
> When you do navidata, satellite... The first row is the satellite
> identification, G is for GPS and R for GLONASS.

Apparently, rtk did not configure the ublox to receive GLONASS.

The ublox M8T has two receivers. One can be configured for GPS and the
other for Glonass. Shall I configure that in Ucenter or is rtklib M8T
configuration restricted to GPS on purpose?

> 2)
> I think is the "pos xyz float std (m) rover" in your status, it's
> measured
> in meters.

I could achieve pos xyz float std (m) rover : 0.331,0.155,0.360
It is pretty good if the figures are correct.

> 3)
> You are rover because your input data in your configuration file is
> in the
> fields:
> inpstr1-type, inpstr1-path, inpstr1-format
>
> 1 for rover, 2 for base, 3 for corrections.
> For now i don't think it really matter if you are a base or a rover,
> only
> when you are doing RTK.

I tried to switch to '2', does not work, blank display.

> 4)
> You can log the inputs and the solution. For the rover input it's the
> "logstr1-path" in your configuration file.

Thanks.

> 5)
> Don't know, I only tried to use the sp3 files once and could get a
> fix in
> the rtk solution because of it.

Works very well in PPP but less precise than RTK RTCM.

I read in the "GNSS Precise Positioning with RTKLIB: Part 2" tutorial,
that there were experiments to provide real-time PPP corrections via
RTCM.

Is it already working with rtklib? What else can I add to my
configuration for more real-time PPP accuracy?

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel