[FOSS-GPS] Reading rtkrcv under GNU/Linux rtklib: PPP-static precision mode

xeee fabiomonteiro3 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 3 03:16:10 PST 2016

Hey, Im going to try to answer but don't take everything I say as right...

1)
When you do navidata, satellite... The first row is the satellite
identification, G is for GPS and R for GLONASS.
The number next to it is the PRN, you can easily see more information about
that satellite on wikipedia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_GPS_satellites

2)
I think is the "pos xyz float std (m) rover" in your status, it's measured
in meters.

3)
You are rover because your input data in your configuration file is in the
fields:
inpstr1-type, inpstr1-path, inpstr1-format

1 for rover, 2 for base, 3 for corrections.
For now i don't think it really matter if you are a base or a rover, only
when you are doing RTK.
The velocity is coming from the different positions that are being
calculated, maybe you are right and inputting as a base will give you null
velocities and a better precision.

4)
You can log the inputs and the solution. For the rover input it's the
"logstr1-path" in your configuration file.

5)
Don't know, I only tried to use the sp3 files once and could get a fix in
the rtk solution because of it.

If you have access to a windows machine it will be easier for you to
understand the configuration file.
In the beginning I used a virtual machine with windows, to generate the conf
files and test everything before I moved to linux.