[FOSS-GPS] ublox M8P

anthony wooldridge arwooldridge at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 3 09:19:13 PST 2016

Interesting device ( the NS-HP) , but GPS only I think.
Satellite numbers often go below threshold, or optimum geometry, for RTK
when using GPS only.
Then you get a big jump reverting to single. So not good if you need
100% availability.
Glonass doesn't help initial lockon AFAIK ( if integer ambiguity is
switched off, at least in RTKlib) but might help hold an RTK solution
once found.
It would depend how the M8P is configured for this.
M8P initial product data says no support for Galileo, but maybe that
could change?