[FOSS-GPS] Foxtrot - addendum to README

David Bannon dbannon at internode.on.net
Thu Jan 12 20:48:24 PST 2017

OK, just built Foxtrot from Bazaar.

The README could do with a few additions, under requirements, we should
note that at least some of the packages mentioned require the -dev
package. Obviously this really applies to people installing via a
package manager rather than building from source. In particular -

libglade2-dev
libsqlite3-dev
libexif-dev
libgps-dev

libcurl3-gnutls (assuming we're using the gnutls flavour of libcurl)

Secondly, its useful to be able to run a newly built binary without
installing. On Ubuntu at least, thats reasonably easy - from where we
are building -

sudo mkdir -p /usr/local/share/foxtrotgps
sudo ln -s  $(pwd)/data/foxtrotgps.glade
/usr/local/share/foxtrotgps/foxtrotgps.glade
src/foxtrotgps

David