[FOSS4G-Oceania-discuss] Introducing Panels at FOSS4G-Oceania
cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 14:38:36 PDT 2018
I think there is value to introduce a panel format to our
A panel topic I think is worth exploring is "How are people building
sustainable businesses around open technologies?"
At our event, we will have a concentration of people who have grappled
with this question, and have found answers. Lets create a space to
I've just submitted a presentation: "Cracking the elusive Open
business", which includes themes I covered in the Open Geospatial
article for Position Magazine:
I think it would be good to follow up with a panel of people who have
been successful in the Open Business.
A format I've seen work well before includes:
* Have a moderator and ~ 4 panel members, and two empty chairs.
* People with questions or comments from the audience line up, sit in
the empty chairs, ask their question, have it answered by a panel
member, then vacate the seat for the next person.
* Should we introduce a panel format?
* Would this be a good way to apply the panel format?
* Is this a good topic for a panel?
Open Technologies and Geospatial Consultant
M +61 (0) 419 142 254
More information about the FOSS4G-Oceania-Discuss