[FOSS4G-Oceania-discuss] FOSS4G-Oceania-Discuss Digest, Vol 3, Issue 2

Martin Tomko tomkom at unimelb.edu.au
Sun Sep 9 16:39:51 PDT 2018

I have to say I am puzzled why this is a contentious issue.
"• Assist. If you see a child looking lost or distressed, get down to their level and ask them how you can help. Find a conference volunteer to hand over to."

I believe this is standard, humane, and compassionate behaviour. I fear a society where an adult would not assist a child in distress. This is verbatim what it says (IFF you see a child LOST or DISTRESSED).
One that would be expected from anyone anywhere, on the street or at a conference. It does not relieve parents from responsibility, just assures we do not have minors walking around lost ( which can happen).

Let's think what kind of world we want, and then start by making this true for our conference first.

Martin

On 10/9/18, 5:00 am, "FOSS4G-Oceania-Discuss on behalf of foss4g-oceania-discuss-request at lists.osgeo.org" <foss4g-oceania-discuss-bounces at lists.osgeo.org on behalf of foss4g-oceania-discuss-request at lists.osgeo.org> wrote: