[FOSS4G-Oceania] Travel Grant Program implementation update

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 23:15:35 PDT 2018

Hi all,

Jonah, Vasiti, and I met this afternoon to get the TGP towards
implementation. Adam has laid some excellent groundwork, so at this point
it's mostly a matter of working out a few of the practicalities and getting
it launched.

Adam will be following up on the OSGeo funding question next week at FOSS4G
(we're asking for $3000). From our budget, we're allocating registrations
and workshops for up to 5 attendees, plus $1500.

Next steps are:

   - prepare the application form for opening the call for applications on
   Monday 27th August
   - finalise selection criteria
   - launch on 27 Aug
   - Promote!

Edoardo has jumped right on board with media stuff, which is awesome. See
the media pipeline
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1047xhr8aUdaESgvrD-1dFd4Awqh4DgBRy_0A7am7Jzg>
for the latest. Cameron, perhaps you'd be available to help review some
media work this weekend?

So, any insights, input, suggestions (preferably of the actionable variety)
would be welcome. If you're interested, check out the details of the
TGP in this
folder
<https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/16pKJ3m_Wz9IYGu9-ZyGbSTfm1IiLIl74>,
particularly the implementation doc
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hCCrIRGwmV5-JAwLEnosXBV9H9u4cNKctQqHarlOZ-o/edit>
and the application form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11D3bCanJ8WM0HgNNk8ZtzUZEs1esLJRPKEOfqnK3qYc/edit>
.

Time for getting this running is very tight, because potential grantees
will need time to arrange visas and book travel. We're aiming to have
grants awarded by 28 September.

Cheers
John