[FOSS4G-Oceania] MOTION: ratify governance doc as Terms of Reference for a new committee

Alex Leith alexgleith at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 22:43:27 PST 2018

I agree with the process outlined here, i.e., the ToR are approved as they
are and we'll update over time.

I wonder if this is a good kind of document to live on Git, so we can have
pull requests for changes, rather than the Google Docs kind of living
document. I know that's adding another 'system' into the mix, but I love
the idea of managing formal documents in a tech process. This is probably
redundant once changes require further formal processes...

Anyhow, great to have a solid foundation to start with.

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 at 17:21 John Bryant <johnwbryant at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you all, great work everyone. Thanks Adam for being flexible.
>
> I've finalised the doc by resolving the last comments, removing the DRAFT
> stamp, adding today's date to the footer, and naming the version. I've also
> saved it off as a PDF in the Google Drive, where it can be accessed via this
> link <https://drive.google.com/open?id=13aZ6L08ke1-l32I7c00MahyEKgxeZkq8>.
>
> If we use the PDF as the point of truth, I think we should be OK to add
> comments into the document going forward (and could even revive the
> comments I resolved if desired).
>
> Cheers!
> John

Alex Leith