[FOSS4G-Oceania] Travel grant program - call for ideas

Edoardo Neerhut ed at mapillary.com
Wed Jul 11 23:08:35 PDT 2018

Thanks Adam.

Curious about the breakdown of the funding pool. Do you have any insights?
I would have thought there would be more use for fewer, higher value tiers
above $1,000, rather than 24 $250 grants.

Grant size US$Number availableLikely Use
$250 24 Delegates from nearby locations
$500 8 Delegates from further afield or who are unable to get material
support from their employers
$1,000 5 Delegates from outside of the regionRegarding eligibility,
guessing that relates to GDP per capita?

Eligibility

   - To be eligible for a TG, applicants must be a citizen of and resident
   in (SF check) a country listed by the OECD Development Assistance
   Committee
   <https://datahelpdesk.worldbank.org/knowledgebase/articles/906519>. It
   is likely that priority will be given to
      - Low income economiesS ($1,025 or less)
      - Lower middle income economies ($1,026 to $4,035)
      - Upper middle income economies ($4,036 to $12,475)
   - Some preference will be given to applicants resident within the
   African continent