[FOSS4G-Oceania] workshop submissions

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 15:59:50 PDT 2018

Hi folks

Workshop submissions deadline is approaching quickly, two weeks from
tomorrow. Can you all think about approaching people in your networks who
might be well situated to do a workshop, and ask them if they're thinking
of submitting?

We won't know whether we've promoted enough until it's too late - so let's
err on the side of caution!

On a related note, we have committed to run a community vote on workshop
submissions from the 1-8 August (
https://foss4g-oceania.org/conference/important-dates). Any thoughts on how
to execute this? Ideally, anything we set up for this should be scalable
for the community vote on presentation submissions.

Cheers
John