[FOSS4G-Oceania] Community Day - tentpole and long tail events

Daniel Silk dwsilk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 20:12:22 PDT 2018

I'll be there with other LINZ attendees and can contribute to or help with
running of OSGeo related projects (QGIS / PostGIS in particular). I have a
little half completed hobby project that I'd like to float as a project for
the day - anything from discussing the idea with a few people to breaking
it into a few different pieces and having a few people working on the code
base.

I am okay with submissions opening now. I think that once ideas start
rolling in, we should be sure to advertise a few of them in a way that
potential attendees can understand what the day is about and how they can
join in.

I think it would be fine if everyone started the day not knowing what they
were going to work on, so organisation in advance could be pretty light
(but should definitely include a gathering of ideas). We need to balance
that against the fact that we actually want people to come, so getting the
what / why / how right when we're advertising it is important.

Who else is intending on coming?