[FOSS4G-Oceania] Fwd: student/volunteer pricing

Martin Tomko tomkom at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Jul 23 17:07:02 PDT 2018

I was saying that students could not be volunteers at a conference for free/nothing (incl lunch). I never said that students cannot afford a conference, or should not pay anything. We normally do not provide any student discounts at scientific conferences, we only provide early student registration.

To sum up: I do not think people will show up if they do not have a paper ( ie, no student is ever sent to a conference where they do not present. But that is typical in our conferences – you do not go, unless you are a presenter – I cannot afford it either). But iff we provide discounts, I think it may be fair to ask for counter-services.

Hope that clarifies it.