[FOSS4G-Oceania] Workshop submission update

Martin Tomko tomkom at unimelb.edu.au
Thu Jul 26 23:06:04 PDT 2018

Hm, does that mean two half-day workshops? Did we provide for this?
M.

From: Trisha Moriarty <moriar1y at gmail.com>
Date: Friday, 27 July 2018 at 3:50 pm
To: Martin Tomko <tomkom at unimelb.edu.au>
Cc: John Bryant <johnwbryant at gmail.com>, foss4g-oceania <foss4g-oceania at lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: Re: [FOSS4G-Oceania] Workshop submission update

In regards to AWS workshops, the second person did address this, they mentioned speaking to the other presenter and they have attempted to ensure their workshop will complement the first. see below
sorry, should have include their comments in the spreadsheet.

Note to Organisers: We are aware of another workshop presentation submitted
by xxxx of AWS on PostGIS and Geoserver on AWS. We've actually
been in contact with xxxx  and discussed the content of both of our workshops
so that we can try to design them to be complementary. As such, the focus of
our workshop will be less on the core deployment of Geoserver/PostGIS on AWS
aspects and if both workshops are selected we'll hopefully be able to note
that xxx's workshop may be useful to attend as a precursor to ours (although
not a pre-requisite) and hopefully they could be scheduled so they are not
clashing. Hope that makes sense!