[FOSS4G-Oceania] Website CFP pages - please check

Daniel Silk dwsilk at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 17:17:25 PDT 2018

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 12:27 AM, John Bryant <johnwbryant at gmail.com> wrote:

> Comments please! This is a critical piece. Website here:
> https://foss4g-oceania.org/

Great work pulling the content and forms together!

Regarding the dates - we're allowing approx 2.5 months to submit abstracts
at the moment. The feedback we've received indicates that submissions are
usually very last minute.

I think we could bring the deadline forward to July 30 and offer an
extension of a couple of weeks once we hit that deadline, to increase the
sense of urgency. I hope that we'd receive more abstracts earlier by doing
it that way.

I'm not sure if that works for the academic stream though? It would be nice
to have consistent dates across the board so that there is no confusion.

Cheers
Daniel