[FOSS4G-Oceania] Request from The Spatial Community Slack channel

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 15:49:53 PDT 2018

-1 from me for allocation by random prize.

The rough formula used for FOSS4G 2009 was if someone (volunteer)
provided significantly more effort than the value of a ticket, then we
might give them a free ticket. (Workshop presenters might fit in that
category, some committee members also).

For travel grant, I'd suggest this formula be extended to target someone
who normally wouldn't be able to attend to attend, and attending would
help enable that person help many others, especially if this is aligned
with our goals of divserity.

On 20/6/18 8:41 am, John Bryant wrote:
> Travel grant tickets aside, I feel it's a bit premature to be giving
> away tickets for promotional purposes. We may be in a better position
> to decide to do this later, when we're approaching the conference date.
>
> At a later time, if we do end up selling 1 day passes for day 2 to
> attract OZRI attendees, we could consider promo-ing day 1 tickets to
> balance things out.
>
> For now, I'm of the opinion we should hold off on promo tickets. Could
> be a useful tactic later.
>
> Slack Spatial Community is awesome though :)
>
> -1 from me.

Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254