[FOSS4G-Oceania] Pacific funding - blog post help?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 13:48:16 PDT 2018

I can help, but am hoping for some more information to help make the
story interesting. I've put the following questions in as comments into
the article:

Why is the Regional Maritime Boundaries Project important to Australia?
Or more, why is it so important that we think we should sponsor people
from the project to talk about it.
Who built the system?
What agencies sponsored it?
Who maintains the system?
Can we say something stronger than Open Source is used? Is it used
exclusively? Is it used predominantly?
Why was Open Source selected?
I assume you can say that Open Standards are being used throughout?
Is the data available under an open license?
Does using Open Source aid collaboration?
Can we get a quote from someone saying something positive about the
system, and how open source is better than what they had before?

On 27/6/18 4:02 pm, John Bryant wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Jonah's team has arranged to sponsor 2 attendees from the Pacific
> Islands region to attend our conference. It seems like a great
> opportunity to tell a good news story, and draw some attention from
> the PI region and elsewhere. We could also use it to draw a bit of
> attention to our travel grant program, which hasn't really been
> developed yet but will be soon (once Adam's back?).
>
> Jonah has pulled together some details in this Google Doc
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mL3KnXGzkHVzzNIfb1vQRui1yLgYeiN9xmsL9IQZNNc>.
> Would someone in this group be willing to convert this into a post for
> our News page, that we could then promote via social media? Would be
> nice to get some kind of image to go along with it too, perhaps from
> one of the linked sites.
>
> Thanks!
> John

Cameron Shorter