[FOSS4G-Oceania] Pacific funding - blog post help?

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 19:38:36 PDT 2018

Thanks Cameron, sounds like reaching out to them would be a great idea. I
totally agree with you, we should be supportive of this relationship.

Nice catch on the wording re: a guaranteed speaking slot, I hadn't noticed
that. I think we should ask them to put in an abstract, either formally
through our submission process, or directly. Perhaps we could allocate a
portion of the speaking slots to regional diversity speakers, and decide
whether we want to review them as they come in, or wait until the
submissions close.

I'm wary of creating a precedent of offering guaranteed speaking slots to
sponsored attendees, without any review or process in place.

For the purposes of putting out a blog post, can I suggest we change the
wording to explain they are attending the conference, rather than
presenting at it? Or say they are hoping to present?