[FOSS4G-Oceania] Nominating John Bryant for OSGeo Charter membership

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 04:30:11 PDT 2018

I'd like to nominate John Bryant for OSGeo Charter member membership.

He is currently chairing the FOSS4G Oceania regional conference, being
run in Australia in November. This conference has already exceeded
expectations regarding level of sponsorship, interest, and we are
expecting to exceed expected attendance. This is in a large part due to
the passion and dedication of the organising committee, which John is
playing an excellent leadership role in. This builds upon prior years of
experience using and promoting OSGeo software within local advocacy
groups, as well as attending international foss4g events.

I find John to be insightful, encouraging of new users, practical in
implementation, someone who has indicated that he is going to be
involved in OSGeo for the long haul.

I've communicated with John about officially joining OSGeo as a charter
member, and he has indicated that he'd be keen to join and contribute
further.

--
Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier