[FOSS4G-Oceania] Nominating Adam Steer for OSGeo Charter membership

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 04:30:19 PDT 2018

I'd like to nominate Adam Steer for OSGeo Charter membership.

Adam has been actively involved in organising the FOSS4G Oceania
conference coming to Australia in November 2018. Particularly impressive
to me has been his energy and commitment, playing leadership roles in
setting up our Travel Grant Program, contributing to our "Good Mojo"
program, leading the development of our Child Friendly Policy and being
a strong advocate for diversity. He has attended and contributed to
international FOSS4G events since 2016, including acting as a presenter,
workshop facilitator and his small company has been a sponsor. He has
recently joined OSGeo's marketing committee and has made small
contributions to PDAL and PyWPS.

He has connections across government, industry and academia, and sees
himself supporting the goals and outputs of the OSgeo foundation for
many years to come.

I've communicated with Adam about officially joining OSGeo as a charter
member, and he has indicated that he'd be keen to join and contribute
further.

--
Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier