[FOSS4G-Oceania] The Panel Session - It's Time...

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 21:56:42 PDT 2018

I have some concern about reaching the audience. The cited Atlassian report
says:

*People are tired of talking about diversity and inclusion, frustrated by
> talk not turning into impactful action, and overwhelmed by the number of
> issues.*

We've scheduled the panel session as a plenary, so there's no other
programming at that time. If the topic isn't of interest to a large part of
our audience, they might feel let down that a significant part of the
program isn't for them.

I'm not suggesting we should try to be all things to all people, we'll
never make everyone happy, and that's OK. But if a large part of the
audience doesn't show up to the panel discussion, that feels like a problem.

Or, from a more constructive angle, how can we frame this topic so that we
can ignite interest?

>>> http://au.linkedin.com/in/adamsteer