[FOSS4G-Oceania] The Panel Session - It's Time...

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 14:14:17 PDT 2018

I recalled that we've done some previous work on panel topics before, and
just found this doc
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wz8tJyVhmThjEvpwQ2htt8n1NwmTBJ5bnu827DO0GfU/edit#>
that captures some of that work, with a few topic names & descriptions that
haven't been raised yet in this thread. Will add the topic names from that
previous work here:

8. Fostering the next generation of spatial professionals
9. Emerging applications of spatial
10. The history of OpenStreetMap in Australia
11. Sustainability of open source projects and communities - what's
required?

All of these could incorporate diversity & inclusion.

So far, topics 6, 7, and 11 are the ones that are jumping out at me. Each
could possibly take a little wordsmithing to get *just right*, but I think
they address my concerns about audience engagement.