[FOSS4G-Oceania] Catering & Social Program food update

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 15:24:37 PDT 2018

Floating an idea which I don't think we have time to implement this
time, but might be worth considering next time.

What about following the supermarket shopping bag model. Tell everyone
there will be no cups provided for free, please bring your own. If you
forget, there will be keep cups which you can buy.

On 29/10/2018 9:14 AM, Martin Tomko wrote:

> Great stuff, and +1 on environmentally friendly option.
>
> Re keep cups – people have too many already, and I have heard about
> people leaving them behind after GIScience.
>
> M.
>
> *From: *FOSS4G-Oceania <foss4g-oceania-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> on
> behalf of John Bryant <johnwbryant at gmail.com>
> *Date: *Monday, 29 October 2018 at 9:09 am
> *To: *"foss4g-oceania at lists.osgeo.org" <foss4g-oceania at lists.osgeo.org>
> *Subject: *Re: [FOSS4G-Oceania] Catering & Social Program food update
>
> Great work Daniel, thanks so much for pulling all this together - it
> has been a huge job, and it's coming together beautifully. I'm in
> favour of spending a bit of extra money to reduce our environmental
> impact in this case.
>
> Cheers
>
> John

Cameron Shorter