[FOSS4G-Oceania] Motion: extended, targeted call for papers if needed

Martin Tomko tomkom at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Sep 3 21:54:30 PDT 2018

Fair points.
M.

From: adam steer <adam.d.steer at gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, 4 September 2018 at 2:29 pm
To: Martin Tomko <tomkom at unimelb.edu.au>
Cc: John Bryant <johnwbryant at gmail.com>, foss4g-oceania <foss4g-oceania at lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: Re: [FOSS4G-Oceania] Motion: extended, targeted call for papers if needed

Martin, John

Agree we need to define 'what we want' and this is an issue also in the wider open source community with different ideas. This is why the motion is 'first wait and see'.

What would be the impact of 'invited speakers' in the community? I see another dividing line, and possibly venturing into 'only inviting because...' territory, which already is a tired path. We also miss potential people we *don't* know about.

We need to invite all to dance.

Others may see differently. What do the women on this list think?

Cheers