[FOSS4G-Oceania] info: Travel Grant Program funding

Martin Tomko tomkom at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Sep 17 17:13:31 PDT 2018

Excellent! Thanks to OSGEO!
M.

From: FOSS4G-Oceania <foss4g-oceania-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> on behalf of Jonah Sullivan <jonahsullivan79 at gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, 18 September 2018 at 9:31 am
To: John Bryant <johnwbryant at gmail.com>
Cc: "foss4g-oceania at lists.osgeo.org" <foss4g-oceania at lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: Re: [FOSS4G-Oceania] info: Travel Grant Program funding

This is great news.

Great job getting this over the line, especially the delegates in Tanzania.

On Tue, 18 Sep. 2018, 09:04 John Bryant, <johnwbryant at gmail.com<mailto:johnwbryant at gmail.com>> wrote:
Just a quick update with some good news: a few hours ago, the OSGeo board raised a motion [1] to provide funding support for our Travel Grant Program, and it looks like it will pass. Big thanks to the folks at OSGeo for their guidance and support.

This means we should be in a position to support approx. 8 TGP applicants, which is very positive!

Thanks to all the people in this group who have worked hard on the TGP so far. We'll be rolling up our sleeves next week to figure out how best to allocate the funding and actually execute the program.

Once the OSGeo motion is formally passed, we should probably do a news release...

John

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2018-September/011718.html<https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2018-September/011718.html>