[FOSS4G-Oceania] Motion: logo permission

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 16:50:53 PDT 2018

Apologies for rushing this - fair point that we should respect work/life
balance. My keenness to keep moving is motivated by a sense of a growing
amount of work, and a shrinking amount of time. Let's extend the discussion
here, and re-frame the motion if needed.

Generally speaking, I have no problem with the idea of adding a licence to
the use of the logo, but formalising a decision process, with a licence,
publicly stated position, etc is a major task. I'm concerned about the
possibility of this falling by the wayside, if no one steps up to do the
work. I argue that this is a great medium-term governance objective
(similar to establishing a steering committee), but with 57 days to go, we
need to be judicious about adding immediate things to our TODO list, there
is much to do.

Yet at the same time, we cannot cease to act. The motion at hand doesn't
address all of Martin's points, but it's presented in the spirit of
compromise. Is there another way we can practically achieve this?