[FOSS4G-Oceania] Motion: Recognise in-kind support

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 12:50:01 PDT 2018

Pulling all thoughts on this thread into a practical proposal, and
trying to ensure that we keep our pages clean and intuitive. I think we
should keep a clear distinction between organisations (sponsors) and
people (committee/contributors). Organisations are looking for
exposure/marketing type opportunities. For people it is more about
acknowledging their hard work, and increasing social capital.

I suggest we add the following to
https://foss4g-oceania.org/sponsor/our-sponsors

*In Kind*

/Staff from these organisations contributed significantly toward
organising this conference./

/...
/

--

I suggest we add the following to
https://foss4g-oceania.org/about/committee (I have a mild preference for

*Contributors*

/Many volunteers have supported contributed to this event, with
significant ongoing contributions provided by the following people:/

On 27/9/18 4:50 pm, Edoardo Neerhut wrote:
> +1 with the point of clarification Adam mentioned.
>
> Agree with Daniel's breakdown suggestion.
>
> On Thu, 27 Sep 2018 at 06:12, Daniel Silk <dwsilk at gmail.com
> <mailto:dwsilk at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Change the page name to 'Organisers'.
>
>     Have a 'Committee' section and a 'Contributors' section. Done!
>

>     On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 1:58 PM John Bryant <johnwbryant at gmail.com
>     <mailto:johnwbryant at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         I'm in favour of recognising people who have contributed
>         strongly and aren't currently on the committee (eg. Cholena,
>         Kristy as a past committee member), if they agree to it. Does
>         it make sense to list them on a 'committee' page though?

Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254