[FOSS4G-Oceania] FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2019 Committee Roles

Alex Leith alexgleith at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 14:19:36 PDT 2019

Hey Adam

I'm happy to co-chair/sub-chair with you, if you take the Program Lead role
on.

I've got some strong opinions about the format. I think what we did last
year worked really well, aside from the panel session, which was good, but
was the weakest link.

I think the key components of the program are:

   1. Keynotes - we did well here last year, so let's try to do at least as
   good this year!
   2. Program - Sessionize sounds like the way to go regarding logistics,
   and hopefully, again, we have a strong pool of talks to choose from.
   3. Format - again, my opinion, but the format
   <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tmqjTjK2w6qmbpGJo9_zZVkduPAYU4qTJm2x7K-TY7Q/edit>
   worked well last year. If we can work out how to make the panel session
   shine, that will round it off!

Also a note that Stephen Lead did an incredible job organising the
lightning talks, and I'd suggest we approach him again for this year. He'll
probably be ok to be involved from an earlier point too.

Cheers,

Alex Leith
0419 189 050