[FOSS4G-Oceania] FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2020 Hub Managers meeting 2020 09 07

Jonah Sullivan jonahsullivan79 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 20:09:53 PDT 2020

Meeting notes can be found at this link
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w53x2v8oFbND3mrJiYcmPnMknwOSVOqwRE-C_RtzTZU/edit?usp=sharing>,
and copied below for your convenience.

Don't forget to sign up to the foss4g-oceania
<https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/foss4g-oceania> email list for
future communications.

FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2020 Hub Managers meeting 2020 09 07
Attendees

   -

   Jonah
   -

   John
   -

   Dawn
   -

   George
   -

   Julie
   -

   Hamish
   -

   Edoardo
   -

   David Garcia
   -

   Ewen Hill
   -

   Tim Bryde
   -

   Carrol
   -

Apologies

   -

   Rafael Molina

Outstanding actions:

   -

   ACTION: Jonah to send out meeting minutes, and invitation to next
   meeting in a fortnight.

Agenda

   -

   Sponsorship
   -

      Budget
      -

      Prospectus
      -

         Old Sponsorship Prospectus
         <https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1dERFhYruRW8FSiDOlWHeP7fRpKcco7grzOCNyPAbouk/edit?usp=sharing>
         -

         ACTION: LOC to reconfigure the prospectus for the hubs to use
         -

   Logistics
   -

      Conference Website
      -

         https://2020.foss4g-oceania.org/
         -

         Hub website:
         -

            External services (meetup, eventbrite, etc)
            -

            ACTION: LOC to create Page within the Local Organising Committee
            -

            ACTION: LOC to edit Sponsorship part of website
            -

            ACTION: LOC update website map with each hub
            -

      Ticketing:
      -

         ACTION: LOC to create Tito events  (populated with event details
         for each hub by hub managers)
         -

      Timing
      -

         Meeting planner
         <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?iso=20201120&p1=196&p2=152&p3=927&p4=82&p5=282>
         -

         2 hours where we can have common content that is live and
         interactive. It will be late afternoon in Apia (2-4pm) and in
the morning
         in Perth (9-11am).
         -

      IDEA: Hub local content: call for presentations could be centralised.
      -

      Communications
      -

         -

   Perth hub Google Drive docs
   <https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1Xdkdtem4EqxjeUUb1OmntFPRrqfs5LQj>
   (feel free to pilfer!)
   -

   Questions from hubs:
   -

      Will there be any financial assistance for hubs?
      -

      Will OSGeo Oceania be able to sign venue contracts and pay
      deposit/booking fees?
      -

      Will there be the possibility of using existing registration
      infrastructure (Tito)?
      -

      When will we have the schedule for streamed content? We want to get
      our own schedule finalised soon.