[FOSS4G-Oceania] FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2020 Hub Managers meeting 2020 09 07

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 02:07:36 PDT 2020

Thanks Jonah. For others' info, we agreed in the hub managers' meeting this
morning that we'd try to use this list for hub organising chatter for the
upcoming online FOSS4G SotM Oceania event. This list has been mostly quiet
over the last year or so, but its purpose for existence is to organise this
event, so it seems suitable. Also this should have the added benefit of
allowing others to chime in where needed.

And so, we have a couple of questions, I think these are for the OSGeo
Oceania board:

   - *Will there be any financial assistance for hubs?* We will need to
   know the answer to this one fairly promptly, so we can figure out whether
   we need to do fundraising, and how to set our registration prices. I
   understand there is $2500 budgeted for the whole event.
   - *Will OSGeo Oceania be able to sign venue contracts and pay
   deposit/booking fees?* Many of the hubs are looking for free venues, so
   this might not be a major concern, but if it comes up it would be good to
   know if we have this option.

Thanks!
John

p.s. If you're on this list from before, and don't want to stay subscribed,
you can easily unsubscribe yourself here: