[FOSS4G-Oceania] Good Mojo funds

Jonah Sullivan jonahsullivan79 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 03:10:00 PDT 2020

Thanks for bringing this up John.

I agree, the Good Mojo fund is meant to make the conference more accessible
and more representative of our region.

In the past two years 20 people were enabled to attend the conference and
side-events:
In 2019 <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_SotM_Oceania_2019#Good_Mojo>,
13 people
In 2018 <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_SotM_Oceania_2018#Good_Mojo>, 7
people

The Good Mojo program is related to the OSGeo Travel Grant Program
<https://www.osgeo.org/initiatives/foss4g-travel-grant-program/>, which has
similar aims: "to facilitate accessibility and diversity at our global and
regional FOSS4G events".

I think these traditions should continue, and I'm sure our parent
organisation (OSGeo) would endorse this position as well.

I request the OSGeo Oceania board to consider how to use Good Mojo funds to
support this event and the broader community.