[FOSS4G-Oceania] Guideline for Oceania Tier sponsorship

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 23:15:13 PDT 2020

Thanks Jonah! And credit must go to Rafael Molina who first raised the
issue, and Adam Steer who proposed the principles, I just wrote them up and
filled in some details.

The gist of it is: if a sponsor comes up with a contribution valued at
AUD$2000 (AUD$1000 for Pacific sponsors), they will get region-wide
acknowledgement from the LOC (and other hubs if they like). Hubs can keep
doing what they're doing, and hopefully this gives sponsors a little extra
incentive to support generously.

This will be very helpful for us in Perth, we have prospective sponsors
potentially interested in this option. If we're wildly successful with our
sponsorship drive, I'll let the LOC and other hubs know as early as
possible, so that there might be an opportunity to put extra funds to good
use.

PDF link below [1] for convenience.

Cheers
John