[FOSS4G-Oceania] [Webinar software] Which hubs need a Zoom seat?

Edoardo Neerhut eneerhut at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 16:41:12 PDT 2021

Hi again,

OSGeo Oceania is purchasing a Zoom Events & Webinar subscription
<https://zoom.us/pricing/webinar> to help us facilitate the online
components of the conference during the month of November. We will
cancel the subscription at the end of the month.

If you're helping out at a conference hub and believe you need a seat, let
us know and we can create one. Please only request a seat if you really
need it to facilitate your local hub (one seat per hub). They're not cheap
which is why we'll cancel the subscription at the end of the month.

I know it would have been nice to use an open source tool here, but Jitsi
<v=https://jitsi.org/> has not proven reliable at scale and BigBlueButton
<https://bigbluebutton.org/> is not something anyone has had time to
configure. If anyone would like to put their hand up to help facilitate
this for future webinars, feel free.

Cheers,

Ed

P.S. I see a number of people on the CC who don't seem to be in the
conference committee meetings/communications. Let me know if you'd like to
be taken off the list.