[FOSS4G-Oceania] [Webinar software] Which hubs need a Zoom seat?

Celina Agaton celina.agaton at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 18:01:04 PDT 2021

Hi Ed, you get about a 50% discount off Zoom Pro accounts with a Techsoup
Membership! Hubs can check their Techsoup country site to confirm their
discounts for Zoom and other conference planning tools.

Celina

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 7:42 AM Edoardo Neerhut <eneerhut at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> OSGeo Oceania is purchasing a Zoom Events & Webinar subscription
> <https://zoom.us/pricing/webinar> to help us facilitate the online
> components of the conference during the month of November. We will
> cancel the subscription at the end of the month.
>
> If you're helping out at a conference hub and believe you need a seat, let
> us know and we can create one. Please only request a seat if you really
> need it to facilitate your local hub (one seat per hub). They're not cheap
> which is why we'll cancel the subscription at the end of the month.
>
> I know it would have been nice to use an open source tool here, but Jitsi
> has not proven reliable at scale and BigBlueButton
> <https://bigbluebutton.org/> is not something anyone has had time to
> configure. If anyone would like to put their hand up to help facilitate
> this for future webinars, feel free.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ed
>
> P.S. I see a number of people on the CC who don't seem to be in the
> conference committee meetings/communications. Let me know if you'd like to
> be taken off the list.

    celinaagaton.com
    Twitter @celinaagaton <http://twitter.com/celinaagaton>
    Skype: celinaagaton