[FOSS4G-Oceania] Let's make a video

Edoardo Neerhut eneerhut at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 17:41:36 PDT 2021

Happy Friday Oceania!

I have been thinking about how we can put the Oceania in FOSS4G SotM
Oceania 2021. Each hub is doing their thing and that's wonderful, but there
isn't much connectivity outside the keynote speaker part of the program.

One solution I think would be cool is if we put together a video. Each hub
organising team could record a 15 second hello that involves a map (of any
sort). Wellington, Auckland, and Melbourne could also participate and let
people know that they will have events sometime in 2022. All up the video
should be less than 5 minutes depending on the number of submissions
received.

I think this would be a fun way to show what is going on around the region.
I can collate all the videos into one and make it available on YouTube. If
hubs wanted to show it on the day, fantastic, but if they don't have time,
that's fine also. It'd be available on YT/social media anytime for people
to watch.

I'll mention this in our meeting today for those attending, but what do you
think of the idea?

Cheers,

Ed