[FOSS4G-Oceania] [ACTION REQUIRED] Important info before our Sep 17th conference committee meeting

Edoardo Neerhut eneerhut at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 18:27:38 PDT 2021

Hi everyone,

*Tl;dr:*

   - *What does your hub need help with?*
   - *Let us know keynote speaker suggestions*
   - *Share the call for presentations with your network*
   - *Feel free to use the sponsorship prospectus*
   - *Budget*

*This week's meeting*
We have a meeting this Friday, September 17th. In preparation for
this meeting, please have a think about what you need from the committee.
How can we collectively help each other to ensure the conference is a
success?

If you haven't received an invite, let me know and I'll send it to you.

*Keynote speakers*
Keynote speakers are an incredibly important drawcard of any conference and
we need your help coming up with candidates for our keynotes
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XMB46Oktdjw671YCcOs_V3bipehydIfTqzcBkHXcLPg/edit>.
We will then have a discussion in this week's meeting to determine who we
will invite to speak. These speakers will be presenting during the shared
regional content portion of the conference.

By determining our speakers and announcing them soon, we can generate some
much needed buzz around the conference to drive presentation submissions
and ticket sales.

*Presentation submission form*
A regional call for presentations is available here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScNEt1nweNgBy93F8oVBIoVo6rKx1KYAsZCqRAk0Uyx7n4Leg/viewform?usp=sf_link>.
I encourage each hub to share it with your networks so that we can start
putting our program together. Responses will be coming in here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19o6i2CBbnVEeOY_skMlUi2aP609Jm-rzXNQGnfVcSIw/edit?usp=sharing>.
We have one so far. Thanks Tasmania!

*Sponsorship*
A sponsorship prospectus is available here
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SMKjKpDVZeue7jbkk7FL5GpBdw4gBbJ3/view?usp=sharing>.
Feel free to use it to encourage potential sponsors on board. Special
thanks to Tooa Brown and John Bryant who have already been reaching out to
prospective sponsors.

*Budgets*
Put together a budget for your hub
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RfRwO7Nqk9mObYOpJ4-I1VEjMl3ImQpqvMahEcRXvEE/edit?usp=sharing>
and let Greg Lauer know when it is finalised.

Thanks for your attention,

Ed

P.S. If I have forgotten anything, please reply here.