[Foss4g2008loc] Funding required

Dave McIlhagga dmcilhagga at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Nov 6 09:15:35 EST 2007

Since this the largest item on the OSGeo finance list -- we need to
have the proposed budget reviewed by the Finance Committee which will
then send it's recommendations on to the board for approval.

As Frank mentioned, we can try to move this along as fast as possible
-- but I do think we should go through the proper process to ensure
we are doing this correctly. This is a big deal (and risk) for OSGeo
that could lead to serious financial hardship if we are not careful.

Note also that the revenues and expenses for the conference are the
single largest component of the OSGeo budget, and go a long way to
satisfying the needs of our non-profit  501(c)(3) status. This means
we need to take particular care to ensure any contracting etc.. is
handled appropriately to ensure we can count these funds towards
OSGeo's overall revenues/expenses.

Gavin -- could you send the latest version of the overall budget
(with any indications of areas of potential change) to the list and I
will send along to the Finance Committee for review in a timely fashion.

Tyler/Frank -- what's the process for getting the contractual
paperwork done? could someone check-in with Ken to ensure the
contractual arrangement is in accordance with  501(c)(3) requirements
for OSGeo?

Thanks,
Dave