[Foss4g2008loc] Lessons 2007 and more costs

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Mon Nov 12 15:43:29 EST 2007

Paul Ramsey wrote:

> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/FOSS4G2007_Discounts
>
> The volunteers cost us about $225 each, if you look at the food cost we
> budgeted for them, and the registration packet.  For the 8-10 hours of
> work we got from them, $22-$25 / hour, quite a pricey item.

I'll just point out that basing the 'cost per hour' on
the volunteers' "allocated time slots for their shifts"
gives a slightly high number, as many volunteers also
attended the orientation, and helped with things such
as computer setup and teardown(i.e. volunteers, and
others, who weren't "on shift" helped).

--
Dave Patton

System Developer