[Foss4g2008loc] Final chance for comment on Prospectus
GavinF at mintek.co.za
Fri Nov 16 02:01:14 EST 2007
1) Opening plenary will have govt speakers, keynote speakers, 'lightning
talks' and we can put sponsors in there. The reason we're offering
closing plenary slots is for the debate we're planning.
2) Sorry, Switzerland was 174 in 2006, not 17! After correcting it and
totalling the numbers I took from the 2007 Prospectus, I get 572, not
3) PeopleSA already plans to collect profile info, please suggest any
more fields we shouldn't miss.
The other points are taken care of.
From: foss4g2008loc-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:foss4g2008loc-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Paul Ramsey
Sent: 16 November 2007 03:24 AM
To: FOSS4G2008 local organising committee
Subject: Re: [Foss4g2008loc] Final chance for comment on Prospectus
Apologies, I was away traveling so I come late to the game, however,
in the spirit of review:
- The Premier and Platinum sponsors are promised slots at the
*closing* plenary and on the closing panel? What is happening at the
opening plenary? (In general opening is more desirable, because
people skedaddle before the closing...)
- The attendance number for 2006 was 535, and something is deeply
wrong in the "by country" breakdown, since the 2006 conference was
held in Switzerland, they have more than 17 delegates. As someone
mentioned earlier, the "by countrY" breakdown might work better if
regionalized, perhaps following the example here? <http://
- I can't help on the "profile" section, I failed last year to
anticipate the need to start collecting this data, so it falls to you
to be the first. Make them provide it as part of the registration
process. 2009 will love you. GISSA, any chance you collected this
stuff for AfricaGIS?
- You might want to remove the "current sponsors" page until you have
some, otherwise it just draws attention to itself.
- Make sure your graphic designer doesn't make a document you can't
edit without his/her help, because you'll be updating this going
forward, if only to add the current sponsors.
On 13-Nov-07, at 1:31 PM, Gavin Fleming wrote:
> <FOSS4G2008 sponsorship and exhibitor prospectus 13 Nov.pdf>
FOSS4G2008LOC mailing list
FOSS4G2008LOC at lists.osgeo.org
More information about the FOSS4G2008LOC