[Foss4g2008loc] Feedback from GISSA National Council meeting on4Oct

Magda Roos mroos at geoscience.org.za
Wed Oct 10 08:03:34 EDT 2007

Dear All,

As a keen GIS user, I am glad to hear that everybody support the idea of an 'integrated' conference. GIS users in SA have no idea what the Open Source aspect of GIS entails. I foresee that after the 1st day everybody will start comparing Open Source with the 'rest' and obvious questions like how to, costs, support, etc will raise during discussions. And isn't that what we want to achieve?

So, let us keep an "Open Mind".

Magda Roos
Spatial Data Management
Council for Geoscience