[Foss4g2008loc] workshops, outreach activities and technical visits

Gavin Fleming GavinF at mintek.co.za
Wed Apr 9 06:28:50 EDT 2008

This is mainly addressed to Burnie, Alize and Karryn

See Peter's request below as reference.

The decision about which workshop proposals we accept should be reached
by 15 May. Therefore I'd like to make 16th May the date when Workshops
and at least some Technical Visits and Outreach Activities are 'put on
offer' to conference registrants. Those are two big deadlines for you
Burnie and Alize.

What this means is that for those who already have registered or who
still plan to register for the 'Conference + Workshops' package, they
can choose on a first-come-first-served basis which Workshop / Outreach
/ Technical Visits / Code Sprint they want to go on in the Monday
morning, Friday morning and Friday afternoon timeslots, once they have
paid or during the payment process.  By then the mechanics of this and
how it's presented must be clear - please start thinking and discussing.

I hope this has also answered your question Peter. To answer the rest
and make it clear, what is discussed above is the extra you get in a 5
day package. In the three-and-a-half day 'Conference only' package you
get presentations, posters, and hands on labs (mini-workshops)  and more
as part of the deal.

Gavin Fleming MSc, Pr. GISc Technologist

Senior GISc and Sustainable Development Researcher

FOSS4G2008 <http://www.foss4g2008.org/>  conference chair

Mintek, 200 Malibongwe Drive (formerly Hans Strijdom Drive)

P/Bag X3015, Randburg, 2125, South Africa

w: +27-11-709-4668 c: +27-845965680 f: 0866164820

xmpp: gavinjfleming at gmail.com

skype: phlemingo

27.9782E 26.0896S