[Foss4g2008loc] conference programme

Serena Coetzee scoetzee at cs.up.ac.za
Thu Apr 10 02:26:23 EDT 2008

Gavin,

My initial request was to have the academic track on a single day, but we
subsequently decided to wait for the abstract submissions (due on 12 May)
and notification of acceptance (due on 17 June). The program should be
developed in two parts:

1. Program overview, which is in progress but should be finalized asap.  The
overview should just split up the days into slots for plenaries, workshops
and presentations, as it currently does.

2. Detailed program, which includes the titles and presenters/authors of
workshops and presentations.  We will only be able to prepare the detailed
program during or after notification of acceptance, i.e. until or after 17
June. I would still prefer to have all the academic presentations on one
day, but I would recommend that we wait and keep the program flexible until
we know the mix of topics and number of papers and presentations.  Depending
on the submissions, an alternative strategy could be to have all
presentations (academic and other) on a specific topic on one day.
Presentations should definitely be flagged to be academic or other so that
conference goers know what to expect.

Regards,

Serena

  _____