[Foss4g2008loc] call for LOC meeting

Serena Coetzee scoetzee at cs.up.ac.za
Mon Aug 18 03:46:03 EDT 2008

Dear Gavin,

I really hoped that I would be able to attend the next FOSS4G2008
meeting since I was unable to attend the previous one.  I sometimes find
face-to-face meetings easier to plan and take decisions.  Unfortunately,
there is a practical for which I am responsible until 15:30 and my
daughter has her 'sleepover' birthday party this Friday with the girls
arriving from 16:00 onwards.

I'm sure you've seen my emails to Inge about the academic track
programme and proceedings.  If there are any more decisions to be taken
this week, I'll CC you on the email.  Will also give you feedback on the
status of the full papers for the academic track, although I assume that
there are different matter that are now becoming urgent.  Please let me
know if there is anything else that I need to be aware of.

Regards,
Serena

Gavin Fleming wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Our next FOSS4G 2008 LOC meeting will be at 15h00 SAST on Friday 22
> August
> (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=22&month=8&year=2008&hour=15&min=0&sec=0&p1=111
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=22&month=8&year=2008&hour=15&min=0&sec=0&p1=111>)
>
> If you are in Johannesburg we'll meet at Mintek, else call the free
> conference call number:  http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Call
> The code to use will be distributed closer to the time.
>
> Draft agenda:
> 1. report by Chair on current overall status
> 2. reports by LOC members on their portfolios
> 3. matters arising
>
> with fewer that SIX WEEKS to go, this is a critical meeting where we
> need to ensure everything is on track, covering all bases.
>
> Gavin

Regards,
Serena Coetzee

Department of Computer Science