[Foss4g2008loc] RE: FOSS4G2008 advertising

Carrin Martin Carrin.Martin at mrc.ac.za
Tue Jan 22 05:07:27 EST 2008

Hi

PositionIT (the local SA GIS mag) is asking for articles/ adverts for
their next edition which will be compiled at the end of the month.
There will only be 3 edition between now and the conference, as Jan/Feb
is about to go for printing.  Clare may well do an article free of
charge but we should probably also think about advertising.

I met with Clare (EE Editor) at our last AGM and she said that they
would be interested in some form of collaboration/sponsorship for e.g.
if they could get hold of good articles at the end and put them into a
publication.  I think we should explore this formally - do we want
someone to meet with Clare and Chris? Shall I broach this with Chris
Yelland - he owns EE Publishers who produce the magasine.

cheers
Carrin

believed to be clean.