[Foss4g2008loc] RE: FOSS4G2008 advertising

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Jan 22 11:40:53 EST 2008

On 22-Jan-08, at 2:07 AM, Carrin Martin wrote:

> I met with Clare (EE Editor) at our last AGM and she said that they
> would be interested in some form of collaboration/sponsorship for
> e.g. if they could get hold of good articles at the end and put
> them into a publication.  I think we should explore this formally -
> do we want someone to meet with Clare and Chris? Shall I broach
> this with Chris Yelland - he owns EE Publishers who produce the
> magasine.

That gets my vote - having a good relationship with EE or PositionIT
would be valuable from my perspective.

Please also note that Directions Magazine is interested in cross-
promoting their Location Intelligence event with FOSS4G or OSGeo.  If
there are some good ideas for how to do it, I suggest contacting
them.  Is someone else already in touch with them.

Tyler